Shutze Awards Submission and Eligibility
To View the 2017 Shutze Awards Submission Workshop Video https://youtu.be/VKVE_2EE8j0
PROGRAM CRITERIA The Southeast Chapter is pleased to announce our Annual Shutze Awards Design Competition to recognize excellence in classical and traditional design. The Awards are named for Philip Trammell Shutze, the Atlanta architect whose work is revered internationally as one of the Twentieth century’s most devoted classicists. The awards will recognize similar individuals who are contributing to the creation of 21st-century Classical and Traditional architecture and related fields. The awards will be considered for small and large-scale in the following categories:
- Residential – Single Family, large and small scale
- Residential Renovation – Single Family, large and small scale
- Interior Design
- Residential – large and small scale
- Landscape/Garden Design
- Student/Emerging Professional
ELIGIBILITY Who is eligible to enter?
- Those members, in good standing, of the Institute of Classical Architecture & Art (ICAA). Please visit http://classicist-se.org/membership/join/for more information and to join ICAA.
- Those with offices in the states of Alabama, Mississippi, Georgia, North Carolina, South Carolina, and Tennessee the projects may be from any location worldwide.
- Those with offices outside the Southeast Chapter Region, the projects must be located within the states of Alabama, Mississippi, Georgia, North Carolina, South Carolina, and Tennessee.
- Individual or firm making the submission must be a member of the ICAA. One may join the ICAA at the time of submission online at: http://classicist-se.org/membership/join/ . Memberships available under $100.
- We prefer current work, the submission must have been created within the last 7 years. The most recent projects that will be considered must be near completion as of submission.
- The individual or firm making the submission must have the approval of all parties with legal ownership of the project, the client, architect and /or designer of record, or developer.
- Those making the submission must have permission to use all photography and or printed material contained within the submission. The ICAA Southeast Chapter reserves the right to use all materials contained within the submission in future printed and digital media for promotional purposes.
- For complete submission requirements please click HERE
JURY PROCESS The jury will consist of at least two architects, a landscape architect or designer, an interior designer, an educator or member of the press. They will not live or have offices in the geographic area of the Southeast Chapter but will be familiar with ICAA and our mission. The submission packages will never be seen or handled by any member of the Southeast Chapter and will remain totally under the charge of Mr. Tom Grice, at Georgia Tech. Submissions are identified by number and there will be no identifying information that would indicate the firm, architect or designer. The Jury has full authority to choose a winner for each category. If submissions do not meet the expected level of excellence as deemed so by the Jurors, certain categories may go unfilled. The Jury process takes place at an undisclosed location and entries remain at that location until the jury process is completed. NOTIFICATION TO WINNERS Winners of the Phillip Trammell Shutze Awards will be notified by mail and recognized at an evening ceremony held annually. The winners are expected to attend or send a representative in their place. The winning entries will be displayed on the Southeast ICAA website and in print and digital media.